Williamson County & Cities Health District
Your Public Health Department
The Williamson County & Cities Health District (WCCHD) has provided public health services for the county since 1943. WCCHD has been organized as a public health district since 1989 and is administered by the Board of Health. Board members are appointed by the member governments: Williamson County, Cedar Park, Georgetown, Round Rock, Taylor, Liberty Hill and Hutto.
Public health services are provided through four divisions: Community Health Education and Social Services, Environmental Health Services, Nursing Services, and WIC and Community Nutrition. In addition, Emergency Preparedness Planning and Response, Public Information, and Epidemiology activities are district-wide. The Administration branch supports the entire health district.
WCCHD offices are located in Cedar Park, Georgetown, Round Rock, and Taylor.
Examples of services provided by your public health department include:
- Community needs assessment, health data management, and planning
- Health education and population-focused programs to improve health status
- Community collaborations to address health and human services issues
- On-site sewage facility regulation
- Flood plain management
- Food handler education and food establishment inspection
- Immunizations and coordination of immunization services with community providers
- Communicable disease prevention and control services
- Case management and referral services for high-risk populations
- Nutrition services for pregnant women, infants, and children to age 5 (WIC)
- Community gardening program and healthy cooking classes
- Information and referral services through the Healthcare Helpline: (512) 248-3252 or (800) 890-6296
- Administration of indigent health care programs for Williamson County (WilCo Care)
- Preparedness and response for bioterrorism and other public health emergencies
WCCHD is focused and committed to work with community partners to promote and protect the health of the people of Williamson County. Please refer to the WCCHD website, www.wcchd.org for more information.