Title and New Resident transfers are processed Mon - Fri 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. All transactions require original signed documents. Faxed, scanned or emailed copies are not acceptable and signatures must be in ink. Information is based on actual owner transactions.
Many people wait until the end of the month to get their motor vehicle tags renewed, causing longer lines at the Williamson County Tax Assessor/Collector’s four offices. Below are tips to help you avoid standing in those lines.
• Online renewals may be processed through the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles registration renewal link and are assessed a $3 convenience fee. Allow a week for your documents to be processed.
• Mail-in your registration renewal and payment by the 15th of the month in order to have your vehicle registration processed and returned by mail before month end.
• Current month unexpired vehicle registration renewals can be done at AAA located at 13376 N Hwy 183 #108, Austin TX 78750 or AAA at 201 University Blvd. #750, Round Rock TX 78665 and at all Williamson County HEB Business Center.
• Avoid the first and last week of the month, as well as lunch time if you go in person to the Tax Assessor/Collector’s Office.
• If you are going to the tax office to pay property taxes, remember drop boxes are found inside at every location. The Georgetown office is the only location with an outside night deposit drop box. We also encourage residents to pay property taxes by mail and honor United States Postal Service post marks. Receipts will be provided upon request.